Thursday, May 12, 2011

Follow Me on Twitter @bbscrewball

You know what takes a lot less time than writing a blog?  Writing a tweet.  Those that know me personally might be surprised I am engaging in one of the latest forms of social networking (I didn't get a cell phone until 2004).  I don't blame you.  But as it turns out, it is required by my current employer so "I jumps een et."  I quickly realized what an excellent tool it can be to keep my blog afloat while there isn't the time to devote to an entire blog.

I have been engrossed in the NBA playoffs, MLB, and even a bit of hockey playoffs (good luck San Jose, doesn't look good), but between watching sports and starting a new business, the blogs haven't been cranking out as some of you may have noticed.  At this point I might only have 1 or 2 readers that have stuck with my sporadic postings.

For those that are still interested in my takes, follow @bbscrewball on Twitter.  Instead of yelling at the TV, I'll post my views and hopefully get some of you to argue back.

I would have never checked out Twitter if I wasn't forced, but now that I see how it works, it is pretty fun.  I don't think many of my readers have accounts, but if you do, send me your address so I can follow you too.  It is easy to start, and once you get going it's hard to stop.

Rather than a blog a month I will be able to crank out several tweets a day if there is something worth commenting on.  This doesn't mean I will stop blogging.  I do love my blog.  It pains me that I haven't kept current.  Unfortunately, the real world has a tendency to keep us from doing all the things we love as much as we would like.  I'm still working on a cure for that.  When I find it, I'll tweet about it @bbscrewball.  Until then, I'll continue playing Mega Millions so I can sleep at night.

By the way, we still might see that OKC vs. Miami Finals.  What a display of talent that series would be!  I fully expect OKC and Chicago to close out their opponents in the next couple of days setting up a D Rose/D Wade matchup and a Dirk/Durant pairing.  Great stuff.  If you're still not watching the NBA despite the great collection of talent in the playoffs, you're in the minority.  The ratings haven't been this high since the Jordan era.  Anyone want to argue Lebron going to Miami was a bad idea now?  If so, drop me a tweet @bbscrewball.

For those with no intention of getting on the Twitter train, you can still follow my latest tweets on the right side of my blog below My Blog List.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails