Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Alien Abduction Story


This is where the and stuff portion of my blog comes into play.

When I was about seven years old, living in San Diego, I would have frequent night "episodes," I guess you could call them. I had nightmares like any other child of that age that would send me knocking on my parents' door late at night, but these "episodes" were different.

I would sleepwalk occasionally and find myself awake on the floor of the living room. I can remember waking up below an artificial tree by the television more than once. I have found myself in front of the refrigerator, and I even made it to the back yard.

My parents tell a story about waking up in the middle of the night to me screaming, "He's got me!" My Dad springs from the bed and runs into my room to find my bed empty. He becomes frantic, and apparently ran down the street in his underwear looking for whoever took me. I'm not sure who found me, but a couple minutes later I was discovered, fast asleep in the living room.

For a better visual I will give you some details about my bedroom as a child. My bed was pushed in the corner of my room directly beneath a window on my right side, if sleeping on my back. The houses in our neighborhood were fairly close together (Southern California real estate), and my only view out of this window was our fence, four feet away. My desk sat on the opposite side of the bed.

One night while asleep, an ultra bright light shot through my bedroom window waking me up. At first I thought the neighbors car was parked in their yard with the lights on, but the light was much too bright for a car. It filled the entire room and seemed to be focused directly in my window. I was unable to make out the fence or the skyline outside.

I turned over in my bed and immediately felt disoriented. I remember a kind of euphoric sensation (the closest adjective I can think of, but not completely accurate) came over me. I sensed for a moment that I was incredibly small. Microcosm small. Then I felt the opposite sensation, feeling incredibly large, presiding over an infinite group of tiny organisms. There was a tremendous energy surrounding not only me, but everything around me. I became both tiny and enormous at the same time. I was washed away with everything else in silent, wavelike power. I felt like a piece of sand swirling down a sink hole.

It was not scary. I didn't seem to notice any real emotions other than complete relaxation. I felt like I was in a field, hiding from something that I knew would never find me. It felt like floating in a lucid dream I could not wake up from.

Then I did wake up.

I snapped awake and looked next to my bed to find a slender being with all the typical characteristics of the common extraterrestrial. Tall, gangly, large football shaped head, oval shaped eyes that were black and glossy, grey skin. It had some sort of strange light source that gently illuminated its body, while cloaking the rest of the room in darkness.

I was horrified but rendered unable to react. I lost the ability to feel time, and events seemed to be rushing by while I watched in fragments. Nothing made sense. At some point in time, I remember looking at myself in the bathroom mirror, trying to scream with no sound escaping.

I only remember the being for a brief moment, but I vividly remember being instructed to, "get the scissors." In this communication, I immediately recognized that I was supposed to walk into our kitchen and bring the scissors my parents kept in a potato chip can back to my room.

If you're confused about "potato chip can," there was, and maybe still is, a brand of potato chips called Charles Chips that used to sell their products in an aluminum canister. My parents used one of the small ones to house pens, scissors, etc.

Moving on.

I obediently walked into the kitchen and brought the scissors back to my room. I remember standing in front of the canister and contemplating what I was doing, but I was unable to snap out of my trance. I made it at least as far as my bedroom door, and that is where my memory ends.

I woke up the next morning to find the scissors from the kitchen sitting on my desk next to the bed. They were dripping wet as if they had just been rinsed off.

The strangest part of the story is that I had a small, bloodless cut along the side of my right knee, which later formed a one inch scar that I still have today.

That episode shook me up. I started absorbing accounts of alien encounters (mostly on the TV show Unsolved Mysteries), and read what is probably one of the two most famous "true" abduction stories ever written. It is called Communion, by Whitley Strieber, and it's an interesting read. Christopher Walken starred in the movie adaptation, but it's pretty embarrassing to watch with the limits on special effects from that time.

Hearing these accounts, and reading that book convinced me of the following:

1. I do believe in life outside of the realm of humans. It seems absurd and extremely egocentric to think we are the only source of life in an infinite universe.

2. Most accounts of alien abduction are complete BS. There are countless psychological and spiritual reasons why an individual would experience an alien encounter. If any stories of abduction are true, it is an extremely small percentage of those that are out there.

3. I was not visited by an extraterrestrial. My experience did not relate to any of the accounts I was exposed to. As time went on, the impact of this experience faded. It did not haunt me throughout my life.

I have a hard time believing that there has been any communication between space aliens and humans. There are some stories that will really make you question what you believe, but it still feels far fetched to me. I don't discount the possibility, just the reality of what most experience.

I chalk my experience up to subconscious imagination and sleepwalking. The only detail that still troubles me is that I was able to cut myself without blood well enough to form a scar.

I kept the story to myself mostly. I think I told people about the weird dream I had but left out the more bizarre details. As I got older I was able to tell the story more completely and not worry about ridicule. I think part of that process was figuring out what I believed actually happened. Eventually I became comfortable in believing it was all a dream, so I was able to talk about it. However, I did spend some time struggling with those thoughts.

The fact is, I was never abducted in my encounter. Just asked by an alien to bring it an ordinary household item. I received no message, and had no spiritual enlightenment due to the encounter. There was no lasting damage (that I can tell), and I had no episodes of recurrence. And for those funny people who are already coming up with their jokes, I was not probed. I had no physical connection at all.

Just a strange dream.

10 comments:

  1. Interesting article. I believe you need to point out that shortly after your "dream" you developed a 90+ MPH fastball. Coincidence? I think not!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They forgot to make my arm injury free though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you or anyone you know has information that can lead to explaining this story for Blake, please call 1-800-876-5353....(Robert Stack voice) Operators are standing by...

    1 billion solar systems. 1 billion stars in each of those 1 billion galaxies. If there is not some sort of intelligent life on one of them, then I would be shocked. I refuse to believe that we are "alone". Or maybe I am just so ashamed of Ed Hardy t-shirts and Jersey Shore that I NEED to believe that there is another species out there capable of waking a young child from slumber so he could show him that the chip can is hiding something.....I wonder what he needed scissors for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That made me laugh out loud. How about a species that makes Tila Tequila a star and adds lol to the dictionary. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know Michael, if I may take off my acting pants for a moment, and pull my analrapist stocking over my head, George Michael has been acting strange lately. I think he may have developed what we in the soft sciences refer to as Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, or the O.C. Disorder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's put the blame on this traumatic episode in your life where it belongs - your mother (its always the mother). I heard she had you watching Twilight Zone episodes from a very early age and let you read her Stephen King books as well. Then there was the X-Files. How could this not affect a very young, impressionable boy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I would pin that on my mother. I didn't start reading Stephen King until I was older, and the X Files started when I was in high school. I did watch the Twilight Zone with her, but never in 3D. I can blame a lot of things on her, but that is not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love to read a blog on your last sentence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no complaints about my mother, certainly not enough to write a blog about.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails